Monday 22 July 2013

My Fashion Inspirations

"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a d*mn" - Gore Vidal

When asked to describe my style, I just don't know how to put it in words.
Basically because it is influenced by a lot of things that used to and are currently surrounding me.

I can say however that music plays a very big role for me in dressing up, because
every time I feel uninspired; I just play some and these will urge me to create looks that are inspired by the songs. Not necessarily duplicating the way the singers look, but using the emotions the songs give me to produce something creative by means of styling.

An outfit example from me that is inspired by a song is this:
(photo from Corine Sibug)
- This is the outfit that I wore for a party called "Intensity" last year, and it was inspired by Miley Cyrus' hit song: Party in the USA
The afternoon that I spent preparing for that event was special because, I just listened to the song and it led me to conduct this really fun and youthful outfit.

Speaking of Miley Cyrus, i'm obviously a big fan of her.
And yes, it is not only her music that inspires me to dress up but also Miley as a person herself.
Miley is one of my style icons. Maybe because ever since I was in 6th grade, Hannah Montana is my favorite TV show. 
I just love the fact that I grew up with her, from teaching me how to wear ordinary jackets with jeans, Miley also taught me to be daring and fearless.
Trivia: I used to be obsessed with her during the Hannah Montana days, that I even have posters and tons of other Hannah merchandise. Haha, I was such a creep.

Being a teenager, it is normal for me to find myself and undergo a lot of processes in order to find who I really am. During this process, I managed to find another girl and treat her as my style icon:
It's Jenny Humphrey!
Yes, i'm talking about the Gossip Girl character Jenny and not the actress Taylor Momsen who protrayed her. This is because Jenny's style is grungy yet adventurous while Taylor is plain rock and roll.

From season to season, I witnessed the evolution of this character. I saw how changing and making your style better every time is what makes people be attracted to you. That is why I am a big fan of changing, not changing the whole me, but adding elements in which I believe I can be better with.

Based on this posts so far, my style is inspired by women, and I think that is one of my assets.
For I can grab ideas from them and make it masculine and original.

But of course,
men also helped in cultivating my style:
If you're a lookbook fan, the you must know Vini.
He is one of the most famous people there who received numerous hypes already.
For me, his style is the definition of "Dope."

And last, but definitely not the least:
David is a a successful style and lifestyle blogger from the Philippines.
He is the one who showed me that Filipinos can be swaggy even in our hot country.
All you need to do is find the perfect timing to wear your clothes and pay attention to details.

Another thing that I find commendable to David is his personality.
Not so long ago, I was lucky enough to meet him for a styling event.
There, he didn't just showed me his talent in clothes but also his friendly and "kalog" personality.
(formal and wacky)

(Before and after of being Guisonized using Collezione's latest collection - photo taken from David's blog)

Being inspired doesn't mean duplicating.
It's a process of having the same heart for a certain vibe and producing something original from it.

So, those are the people who inspire me to dress up;
Who are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment